Dec 13, 2015

Beginning of prep for UPSC 2016.

I am taking a shot at UPSC 2016.

This is more like a a sport you play in the evening while you have been doing school,college or office rest of the day.When the sport hour approaches,you get excited and then drain yourself out in those short 2 hours. When you play a sport you don't necessarily want to become a sportsman later in life but still you play with all your heart.Since there is no condition & expectation you usually enjoy it a lot.
Nevertheless,you do have those small ambitions of making it to the team in coveted tournaments or becoming a captain or maybe coming out as the best sportsman.Some similar drive inside me about this exam.
I would like to focus now on the Prep part because down the line,I guess that's what you would ant to read.
I tried to refer strategies and approaches on how to prepare etc but I wasn't satisfied.I liked Ananya Das to an extent while going through few who cleared the exam quite smartly and not that rigorously.My approach towards UPSC is only going to be like that of a task you complete in an optimized manner.What I mean is,becoming a subject expert or becoming too learned on certain topics is not at all my aim.So,my preparation is not going to be a very passionate one but of a different sort.Iam analyzing certain figures and facts on this exam and am thus going to attempt it accordingly..I will share with you the analysis at the end of the line.
I bought a world focus magazine today,cancelled an ordered Indian Polity book by Laxmikanth.I took the 2015 prelims paper,GS.I have scored 62 in the paper.The cutoff this year will supposedly be  between 100 and 110.I am attaching the scoresheet.
I am going to write the exam with Political Science and International Affairs as my Optional.Its going to be self study only.